Our fully equipped kitchen will make home cooking a pleasure and should the weather warrant it, the dining suite in the living room provides for comfortable eating indoors.
This room also boasts two large Italian sofas with matching foot stools.
The entertainment unit housing a 50” smart TV with Netflix and Chromecast, books and games and a stand-alone wood burning stove creates a cosy homely feel on the rare cool day or chilly night. Of course there is air-conditioning!
There is wifi throughout the house and terraced areas. Though the pièce de résistance has to be Tacito (Portuguese for silent / mute) the bottle storing tortoise table!
But who wants to be indoors? Eating out at home is such a joy…….the aromatic scent of fresh herbs, coupled with the sizzling sound of fresh fish or meat on the charcoal is mouth-watering at any time of day! Breakfast outside on the patio is extra special with cheerful birdsong and the faint sounds of the fishermen returning with their late night or early morning catch!
There’s no need for a clock here, the local church bells ring in the hours and lively antics and calls of the seagulls announce mealtimes!
Sundowners on the rooftop to the sound of the wind blowing through the rigging and halyards of sailboats in the marina, the fading light “through dark clouds a red rose peeping and an amber gleam*” eases the day into the night. (*Afanasy Afanasyevich Fet)
The master bedroom to the rear of the property is en-suite (shower & toilet); it has air-conditioning, an electric fan and satellite TV. There is ample storage in the wardrobe, two bedside lockers and vanity unit.
The second bedroom to the front of the house also has twin beds, a large wardrobe, bedside lockers, vanity unit and under window storage.
There is an electric fan and a Windows 7 PC for guest use and a separate guest shower and toilet. All beds are made up with luxurious Egyptian cotton linen and white fluffy guest towels are also provided.
Both shower rooms have extractor systems and heated towel rails. Both bedrooms have hair dryers and hot & cold fans.
Casa Clare is best suited for responsible adults due to the tiled and graded floors, multiple steps and a high terrace. It may not be suitable for the very elderly or infirm. It is not wheelchair friendly. Smoking is not permitted in the house and pets are not allowed. Casa Clare is on a pedestrian only street. There is free on-street parking in Alvor (30 to 100 metres from the property).
Features & Facilities
• Air-conditiong / heating / fans
• Internet access/Wi-Fi
• Windows 7 Computer
• 50” Smart TV living room with Netflix and Chromecast, small TV main bedroom - both with basic Satellite channels
• DVD player
• Bluetooth speaker system
• Kettle, microwave, toaster, coffee pod machine, citrus juicer, mixer, ice crusher
• Dishwasher, Fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, induction hob, electric grill/oven
• 2 hairdryers
• Travel cot with mattress
• 2 umbrellas
• Shopping trolley & reusable shopping bags
• Large safety deposit box (can hold 2 laptops)
• Linen and towels (indoor & beach)
• BBQ, garden furniture (tables, chairs, loungers)
• (2) beach umbrellas, (2)beach chairs, (2) beach mats & windbreaker
• 4 body boards
• Clothes line (fixed & folding)
• Picnic basket (backpack style with plates, cutlery, glasses, built-in cool section & 2 removable bottle coolers).
• Outdoor solar shower